How the maternity stay?
After childbirth, mothers and babies spend between five and seven days in the maternity ward.
The medical team controls the health of baby (especially her weight gain) and suites of childbirth for women (including healing after cesarean section).
The preparation of the bag
Before leaving for motherhood, every MOM carefully prepares her bag.
There will be the business of the baby and the MOM’s. The ideal is to have two different bags.
For the baby, it is important to provide a clothes size birth or 1 month.
The 3 month size is too large for a baby of 3 500 kg.
It takes 7-8 bodysuits, pyjamas and other outfits, 7 pairs of socks, a nest of Angel or combination to get out and two sleepers size 0-3 months.
The spare is essential because the baby can have a spit-up and have to be changed two or three times a day.
Get to know baby
The maternity stay is when the mother is alone with the baby at night and learn to get to know.
It is observed, look at it, admire it, in short it is the most beautiful of all babies.
The MOM takes its bearings with baby. The stay at the maternity is a time ideal to leave aside the housework and other chores. If you have other children, it is difficult to stay “away” from them but the mother needs to rest and try to bond with her baby.
Some dads are spending nights at the hospital. Most sleep on camp beds and don’t spend the night’s sleep, but the happiness of being family surpasses fatigue with maternity shoes boots.
Learning about breastfeeding
The stay at the maternity is the opportunity to tame breastfeeding.
Although it seems simple and natural, breastfeeding can be a path full of pitfalls between crevices, mounted milk painful and difficult to breastfeed baby.
The midwife and / or the nursery are there to support the MOM in her breastfeeding project and give him good advice on postures, the position of the baby, the interval between feedings. Do not hesitate to ask questions to the medical team.
If breastfeeding does not actually seem to point at the end of motherhood, don’t worry: the PMI and the La Leche League association are present to help moms and answer their questions.
A day at the clinic or hospital
A day in the maternity unit starts early. At seven o’clock, breakfast arrives with the baby (for those who have had a caesarean, they can often leave their baby in the nursery).
Many women keep their baby at night with them because they are very fusional. Then the MOM prepares and it’s time for the bath. Depending on the configuration of the maternity wards, the bath is in the room or the nursery. Moms are accompanied by nursery nurses and assistants, who provide advice, with methodology.
The day passes, rhythmic between visits, NAPs baby, breastfeeding or bottle, the passage of the nurses or nursery nurses. In short, there is no need to worry: you get bored not alone with her baby.
At night, the medical staff is present and reassures the Moms if incessant crying baby or baby blues.
Family, friends, neighbors, knowledge… everyone is aware that baby is born and you’re a happy happy MOM. Everyone wants to see the baby face.
Family visits are important for new parents, but for the more distant surroundings, wait for the return home. Motherhood, must be able to breathe a little. Visits at a frantic pace tired MOM and can disrupt the sleep of baby.
Back home, you will be happier and you can go to your friends or neighbors show your offspring. Avoid inviting too many people at home: you are tired. So, do not add the household, the preparation of tea or meals…, think about you and your baby.
It is important to find a good example of a birth plan and most suited to your case. Find here two of the most used.
A birth plan should be taken into consideration by the couple to the moment of the birth of the baby to be conscious, a little stressful and effective.
Then we present two examples of the birth plan that you can choose.
However, it is important to know that this must be customized, to meet which the couple intends to, and should be discussed with your doctor.
1ST EXAMPLE OF A BIRTH PLAN: THE LIST
“Sweetheart team that will help us in this important moment of our lives…in This document are set out in our preferences for the birth of [baby’s name], without fundamentalisms and with the hope of giving birth to the serene and as simple as possible for everyone. Thank you for your commitment, caring, patience, and we apologize in advance, if we are overcome by panic or fatigue.”
- Name of the mother
- The name of the father
- Name of the accompanying person
- Baby’s name
- Place of birth
- Date of the term
The points below have been defined considering that the delivery to proceed within the normal range.
“In an emergency situation, in that my life and/or that of the [baby’s name] are at risk, trust in the medical team and I admit changes to this plan, provided that, as far as possible, we are explained the terms, the need and the implications of these changes.”
- I wish that the delivery is in the [name of hospital], if possible, in a room with natural light.
- Desire to have [the name of the father and/or companion] is always present, in an active way, with freedom of their movements.
- Desire a natural birth, in my time, and the [baby’s name], without pressures from anyone.
- I wish to be accompanied by a team dedicated to childbirth natural, if possible.
- Deposit confidence in the team for me to assist in pain control, psychological and physical where necessary.
- Wish to have total freedom of movements for labor and birth unfold in a natural way.
- Desire the minimum of intervention and exams as possible.
- I wish that not to be administered drugs or procedures without my prior consent and that I explain the need of the same in the course of childbirth.
- I hope to keep to a minimum the number of professionals that attend.
- I want to be able to use methods of pain relief such as, for example, my ball pilates, a bath, a shower and a bag of hot water.
- I wish that the monitoring of the baby is made, preferably, mobile or wireless so as to keep my freedom of movement.
- I want to be able to listen to music, reduce the light or adjust the temperature of the room to my comfort.
- I wish that the expulsion be smooth and without rushing anyone.
- I desire that after the expulsion is immediately made to the contact skin to skin with the baby.
- Desire to breastfeed in the first hour, and that the [baby’s name] stay in my lap during this period.
- I wish that the cutting of the umbilical cord is done only when the cord stop pulsating and the color to change.
- I desire that the output of the placenta is natural and if possible without the use of chemicals.
- I wish that the first bath be given by us.
- I do not desire to hair removal, enema, or canalization of the vein unless it is necessary.
- I do not wish to peel off the membranes, amniotomia or oxytocin synthetic to speed up the delivery.
- I do not wish feeding bottle, pacifiers, teats silicone or artificial milk, I will breastfeed my son naturally.
This birth plan has been developed taking as a given the general principle of Law that refers to the “personal consent is required for all medical interventions” embodied in article 5 of the Convention on Human Rights and Biomedicine (Oviedo Convention), signed and ratified by Portugal, in force since 1 December 2001.
2ND EXAMPLE OF A BIRTH PLAN: THE LETTER
The Location, Date,
Exmo. Mr. Director of the Emergency Service of Obstetrics (name)
I turn to you, given the approach of a great and happy event for me and for my family: the birth of our son. The delivery is scheduled for (date)
The father and I did the course Preparation for the Birth and we are also informed of the various WHO guidelines for the childbirth. For this reason, and after much thinking on the subject, we made some assumptions that I would like to be respected.
Knowing the good performance of the professionals of the Hospital (name), your technical ability and the effort and commitment to service excellence, and especially each time more humanized, I hereby ask the following:
- Possibility of ambulation, regardless of the delivery room vacant for the effect.
- Intravenous infusion only if there is an absolute need to administer some drug, or avoid dehydration.
- Use of oxytocin, only with my agreement.
- Situation and enema, only if necessary.
- The possibility of being able to feed the baby in the 1st half an hour of life and always in contact skin-to-skin.
I’m sure that a birth under these conditions, it will be for me a childbirth as well humanized, that will promote my well-being physical and emotional, without neglecting the security that should surround the birth of my son, and mostly that will give a great opportunity for my son to be born happy.
Thank you since now for your unconditional support at all times.
These are only mere examples of birth plans and all the points therein contained should be previously discussed between the couple and medical team.
INFANTEENIE BEENIE™~ only hat guaranteed to fit and stay …
SSS Maternity Benefit in the Philippines: A How-to-Claim Guide
Bodypainting and Fine Art by Lana Chromium – Body Painting …
FMLA Insights | Labor & Employment Lawyers
Asos Emma Jane Maternity Swimsuit ($49)
Spaghetti Smash Session | Buddy the Elf
Stepping On & Other Exercise Programs
THE LUXURIOUS HOSPITAL ROOM: THE RISE OF MEDICAL TOURISM …
Evan Asher and Jenny McCarthy waved hello to the camera …
Stay fit and healthy with maternity workout clothes
Tips to stay fit, healthy during pregnancy
23 Irresistible Maternity Outfits to Stay Chic This Spring
44 best to be a mommy images on Pinterest
237 best Maternity images on Pinterest
14 best How To Stay Skinny While Pregnant images on …
Stay stylish in ultimate comfort. Featuring the Wool …
Stay Comfy & Get Fit in these Pregnancy Workout Clothes