It is only about ten weeks left of pregnancy and you start to get heavy in the future. Reduce the risk of back problems by trying to have a good posture but not too weak.
Less nausea but more motionless? It is still good to move, for example by walking or light exercise.
Rest and relaxation are also important to prevent back pain. Lie on the floor with bent legs and lower legs on the couch or a stool to effectively relieve your back.
As a preparation for childbirth, tissues in the hips and spine are relaxed by a hormone called relaxin. In some women, this leads to severe pelvic pain and joint discharge – facts and good advice if you can find it here.
Your blood pressure is checked regularly by the midwife. If you are Rh-negative, a blood test is taken to see if antibodies have formed in the blood, which must be followed up carefully.
If you have a heavy job, for example in health care, you have the opportunity to get so-called pregnancy benefit – pregnancy benefit. It is important that you apply for it on time. Be sure to ask your midwife when you’re in control.
- BestAAH: Look for maternity sweatshirts & hoodies? Check here to find 16 types of pregnancy sweatshirts & hoodies.
The baby’s head is now about 8 inches in diameter and is proportional to the rest of the body.
The skin that was previously wrinkled now starts to become smoother as it is filled with more subcutaneous fat.
Surveys When You Are Pregnant With Twins
Below you will find the Swedish twin club’s pregnancy schedule for an uncomplicated twin pregnancy. The routines may vary slightly at different midwives.
You who are expecting twins have an exciting time ahead of you – not least after giving birth.
It may feel safe to know that your pregnancy is being monitored a little extra carefully.
About this is how MVC visits and pregnancy checks usually look.
Twin Pregnancy Week 5
The pregnancy test turns out to be positive. Time is ordered for the first midwife visit. You will be enrolled. The breasts start to tighten, you may feel nausea, often more powerful than during “single pregnancies”. You need to urinate more often and can feel great fatigue.
Time is ordered for the first doctor’s visit. The uterus usually feels larger than in single pregnancies.
You undergo an ultrasound examination and the diagnosis of twins is made. It can feel overwhelming. Both fear and joy as well as the feeling of being selected are present.
You make a new midwife visit. You start to feel fetal movements throughout your stomach.
The growth of the fetus is monitored with ultrasound. If you feel tired, then rest more. It is important that you listen to your body. It is common for twin mothers to become sick.
Ultrasound examination is performed again. The uterus now feels as large as in a single full-term pregnancy. It can feel really heavy to walk and stand now. Don’t plan too many activities each day. One thing at a time.
At each ultrasound, the twins are carefully measured to determine approximate weight. Obstetric assessment is performed before delivery, ie looking at fetal positions and deciding on planned delivery method. Prepare to go to BB. Prepare any babysitters and employers.
This is the average length for a twin pregnancy. Rest, rest and rest.
Maybe the last ultrasound examination.
Now you decide whether, and if so, when to start the delivery. It is an individual case-by-case assessment.
Useful delicious recipes for pregnant women
Iron, folic acid, vitamin D and good fats are important for you who are pregnant. Here you will find recipes for nutritious and good pregnancy food. See also our movie about eating habits during pregnancy.
The recipes below are per person, so just adjust how many servings you want to make.
There are many different versions of this salad and the professionals are happy to debate what the original should contain.
Here is a good mom version with good fats, vitamin D and other goodies.
50 g tuna
2 small boiled, peeled, cold potatoes
1 dl boiled, cooled green beans (haricotes vertes)
1 boiled egg
2 pieces of anchovy fillets (also goes well with anchovies)
1 piece shallot onion
1 lemon wedge
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing.
2. Add all ingredients to the salad on a large saucer, it will be nice to put the lettuce leaves as a bed underneath.
3. Squeeze some lemon juice over everything.
4. Pour on the dressing.
Enjoy with a good bread that you dip in a little olive or rapeseed oil!
Salmon with orange and beet salad
A tasty and super nutritious meal.
Salmon provides plenty of vitamin D and healthy fats, while vegetables provide folic acid, vitamin C and lots of antioxidants.
150 grams of salmon fillet
150 grams of beetroot
0.5 pcs oranges
0.5 (small) red onion
50 grams of fresh spinach and / or mache salad
1 tablespoon of pine nuts
oil or liquid margarine to fry in
salt and pepper
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
1 tbsp chopped basil
- Boil the beets soft with peel (feel with knit) and allow to cool slightly. Peel and slice the beets (preferably use apron, it will be very colorful!). Peel the orange with a knife (also the outermost layer) and slice into fairly thin slices. Peel and slice the red onion finely.
2. Mix up the dressing.
3. Fry the salmon a few minutes per side. Salt, pepper and allow to cool slightly.
4. Place the spinach and / or salad on a platter. Mix the beets, orange and red onion. Add the salmon and pour over the dressing. Roast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan and sprinkle over.
Wrap with meat and chickpeas
A wrap bursting with goodies for you and your child shredded beef, chickpeas, parsley cream… Here iron and folic acid are infused with many good and pure flavors.
1 large soft corn tortilla bread (preferably one with spinach in)
50 g shredded beef
0.5 dl crushed chickpeas
50 g arugula or frisée salad
a few tomato slices
a finely grated carrot
2 tbsp light crème fraiche
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
salt and black pepper
- Mix lightly crème fraiche, parsley, salt and pepper.
2. Fry the meat in a frying pan with a little salt and black pepper.
3. Heat the bread in the micron or in the oven. Distribute the meat, chickpeas, vegetables and parsley cream in the middle of the bread. Mix some rapeseed oil over the vegetables.
4. Roll up the bread and enjoy with a glass of lemon water.
Text and recipe above by Anna-Karin Quetel, nutritionist
Recipes for two hot dishes
Gluten-free waffles on almond flour and fiber husk are a quick and good snack. The grated apple in the batter makes the waffles extra good.
2 dl almond flour
2 teaspoon fiber husk
2 krm salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 dl whipped cream
oil for brushing the waffle iron
Frozen yogurt or Greek yogurt
1 dl mixed nuts
- Finely grate the apple.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together the apple, egg and half of the cream. Continue whisking and add the rest of the cream to a beam.
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Brush the waffle iron with a little oil and fry the waffles golden brown.
- Roast the nuts in a frying pan on medium heat. Let cool and chop them roughly.
- Top with the roasted nuts and frozen yogurt or Greek yogurt.
Salmon with broccoli, wheat and creamy mango chutney sauce
Salmon contains Omega-3, which is also important to obtain. Broccoli contains iron and dietary fiber. Tip: It is best to steam the salmon and broccoli as it keeps the nutrients as much as possible. If you do not have the opportunity to steam boil, you can cook as usual in lightly salted water.
400 g skinless and boneless salmon fillet
1 teaspoon grated lime shell
1 small broccoli head
¼ red onion, finely sliced
3 dl food wheat flake
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
2 dl crème fraiche
2–3 tablespoons mango chutney
flake salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the food according to the instructions on the package. Mix crème fraiche and mango chutney. Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam broccoli, for example in a stainless steel steam basket or bamboo basket. Broccoli is ready when it starts to get soft.
- Sprinkle lime peel over the salmon.
- Then steam the salmon for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Place food on plates. Then spread the broccoli, salmon and red onion over it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with the mango chutney sauce.