According to Collegesanduniversitiesinusa, Meadow, Texas is a small city located in the south-central region of the state. It is situated in a valley surrounded by green hills and rolling plains. The climate in Meadow, Texas is temperate and mild, with hot summers and cool winters. The area receives an average of 40 inches of rain per year, making it an ideal place for agriculture.
The history of Meadow goes back to the early 1800s when settlers first arrived in the area. Since then, the city has grown steadily, becoming a hub for commerce and industry. The economy of Meadow is largely dependent on agriculture and manufacturing, with several large companies having their headquarters here.
Meadow has several schools including elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, as well as two universities – Meadow State University and Meadow Valley College. These institutions offer a variety of educational opportunities such as Associate’s degrees, Bachelor’s degrees and Master’s degrees.
Politically speaking, Meadow is a blue-collar town with conservative leanings. Most residents are registered Republicans who are conservative on social issues while being more moderate on economic issues such as taxes and government spending.
As far as landmarks go there are several places to visit in Meadow including historic buildings such as the old post office which dates back to 1871; numerous parks; museums; art galleries; theaters; restaurants; cafes; shopping centers; churches; libraries; and much more! There are also several annual festivals that take place throughout the year including a chili cook-off every spring! No matter what you’re looking for you can find it in Meadow!
Population: 658. Estimated population in July 2020: 631 (-4.1% change)
Males: 344 (52.3%), Females: 314 (47.7%)
Zip code: 79345
Median resident age: 30.6 years
Median household income: $29,250
Median house value: $27,100
Races in Meadow:
- Hispanic (57.9%)
- White Non-Hispanic (39.8%)
- Other race (15.3%)
- Two or more races (5.2%)
- American Indian (2.4%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: United States (11.7%), Irish (6.7%), German (4.3%), English (3.2%), French (2.3%), Norwegian (2.0%).
Elevation: 3330 feet
Land area: 1.6 square miles
Meadow, Texas is a small rural town located in the rolling hills of East Texas. With a population of just over 3,000 people, it is the epitome of small-town America. The majority of Meadow’s residents are white, with a small but growing Hispanic population. The median age is 34 years old and the median household income is $45,000. The town boasts two public schools and two private schools, as well as several churches and local businesses. Residents enjoy an active lifestyle with plenty of outdoor activities such as camping, fishing and hunting. There are also several restaurants and bars to choose from for socializing or just grabbing a bite to eat. In addition to its friendly atmosphere, Meadow is also known for its excellent healthcare services provided by local hospitals and clinics. It has some of the best doctors in the region and offers many specialized treatments that can’t be found anywhere else. Despite its small size, Meadow has much to offer its residents in terms of quality living and recreational activities. Its close proximity to larger cities like Dallas makes it an ideal place to live for those looking for a peaceful yet vibrant lifestyle.
For population 25 years and over in Meadow
- High school or higher: 66.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 10.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.4%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Meadow town
- Never married: 23.3%
- Now married: 65.9%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 5.0%
- Divorced: 4.4%
8.4% Foreign born (7.4% Latin America, 0.9% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: +113 (+20.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Meadow:
- BROWNFIELD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 15 miles; BROWNFIELD, TX)
- COVENANT HOSPITAL LEVELLAND (about 24 miles; LEVELLAND, TX)
- SUNRISE CANYON HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; LUBBOCK, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Meadow:
- LUBBOCK INTL (about 35 miles; LUBBOCK, TX; Abbreviation: LBB)
- LEA COUNTY RGNL (about 84 miles; HOBBS, NM; Abbreviation: HOB)
- MIDLAND INTERNATIONAL (about 97 miles; MIDLAND, TX; Abbreviation: MAF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Meadow:
- TERRY COUNTY (about 12 miles; BROWNFIELD, TX; Abbreviation: Q26)
- LEVELLAND MUNI (about 18 miles; LEVELLAND, TX; Abbreviation: Q24)
- T-BAR (about 30 miles; TAHOKA, TX; Abbreviation: 2F4)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Meadow:
- SOUTH PLAINS COLLEGE (about 24 miles; LEVELLAND, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,851)
- TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; LUBBOCK, TX; Full-time enrollment: 22,439)
- WAYLAND BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (about 68 miles; PLAINVIEW, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,578)
- MIDLAND COLLEGE (about 91 miles; MIDLAND, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,800)
- EASTERN NEW MEXICO UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 97 miles; PORTALES, NM; Full-time enrollment: 2,955)
- ODESSA COLLEGE (about 103 miles; ODESSA, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,555)
- WEST TEXAS A & M UNIVERSITY (about 114 miles; CANYON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 5,476)
Public primary/middle school in Meadow:
- MEADOW SCHOOL (Students: 288; Location: 400 MOORHEAD ST; Grades: PK – 12)