Pregnancy is a time in a woman’s life that entails major changes in your body. Problems like nausea, vomiting or insomnia are quite normal during pregnancy.
With the unbalanced hormone levels, and a baby growing inside of you, these changes are natural, and may yet bring some discomfort and inconvenience.
If you are pregnant and suffers from insomnia, then here you can know a little more about it and how to treat insomnia in pregnancy wearing underwear from Aparentingblog.com.
Insomnia in pregnancy
The causes for the emergence of insomnia in pregnancy may be several, being the main natural hormonal changes at this stage.
The hormones progesterone and estrogen, each with an opposite effect (sedative versus stimulant), as they are with their levels pretty changed during pregnancy, lead to drowsiness, a first stage of pregnancy, and the insomnia, in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Thus, the insomnia in pregnancy usually arise frequently in the third quarter, also due to discomfort sense to sleep, caused by the volume of the stomach.
However, as not all women suffer from this problem, it is believed that there are other factors.
For example, studies have shown that women with anxiety or stress problems, have an easier time in suffering from insomnia during pregnancy.
How to treat insomnia in pregnancy
There is no method or secret about how to treat insomnia in pregnancy. This is natural in some pregnant women, and as such, the best thing you can do is to alleviate this problem.
So, to avoid having insomnia in pregnancy, we recommend the following:
- putting a pillow between your legs, so as to be in a more comfortable position and comfortable;
- sleep at the same time, in a calm and peaceful environment;
- must get away from noisy environments and with too much light at night;
- avoid stimulating drinks after the 19 hours;
- drink lemon balm tea before bed;
- consult an obstetrician to know if there is any medication that can help, and that is appropriate for a pregnant woman.